Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Book Review 2: Sea of Monsters

       Just like the first book, it just keeps getting better and better. Though what I don’t like sometimes is too much drama, it just gets annoying sometimes. All that lovey dovey stuff, it annoys me, but it seems that Percy and Annabeth are at it, and I guess I have to live with it. Anyways, besides that, this book was very adventurous. Sailing through the seas, finding a mysterious Island, where strong adventurers go and never return. The island of Polyphemus, a giant cyclops threatens Percy, very exciting. What really interested me was in the beginning where Percy had a dream that Grover was in trouble, this shows that Percy has developed a great relationship with Grover that they could communicate through their minds. A funny quote that Percy was really amusing, "I wasn't sure whether I was supposed to kneel or buy stamps from him or what." He was talking to Hermes, the messenger god, and because he was the messenger god he was confused on whether to kneel or buy stamps, cause he was a messenger, get it? Little humor like that should always be in books. A very interesting quote really caught my attention, and I still don’t fully understand it. “Stealing isn’t always a bad thing.” I think it means that there might be a situation that stealing might actually be affected in a good way. I can’t really make a situation up that they make occur, but If you’re stealing in order to achieve something good, I wouldn’t call that stealing.
    I recommend this book, ONLY if you read the first book. Always begin a story from the beginning, or you’ll never fully understand the story. If you like action suspense, and even drama, this book is the choice for you. Greek mythology is very interesting and I think every person will be very interested in reading into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment